Saturday 1 March 2014

From Where I Began..






I wished for horizon
Like splash of cold water
In torrid desert;
A dream of oasis
But got nothing but cactus.

I yearn for destination
And found it still
Far away and stifling
Unquenchable thirst.

My feet got scarred
And vision fuzzy
But continued – I alone
For journey was crucial
Than the end itself.

Every time I opened
My eyes filled with dust,
Rubbed off and itched
Dried and red
I saw my destination-
Ahead and not far
Under my attempt
Falsely I thought.

I looked for nothing
But water in a desert
Was all I sought.

Some steps I took
With increasing force
Pushed my will and
Legs that ached.
The moment at last
Came and I grabbed
I reached-but
I was lost!

For all I saw
My own prints on sand
I finished my journey
To where I began!

Wandering in a desert
I ran for nothing.
Was it my vision?
Hallucination or fantasy?
A beam of light
Descended for me
Calling with love
Beyond words can see.

I begged of it
Tears running down the cheeks
Was I a failure?
An unaccomplished life
Couldn’t get a coup
Or achieve a gift
I tried – I pleaded
But failed indeed!

‘Don’t cry my love
You did it well.’
I could feel the words
Though my senses were dim.
‘Your body bear the marks
But treasured the soul
You have completed
Your circle
And journey finished.’

I was lifted upwards
To an oasis forever
Like a soothing splash
In torrid desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment